Jump Jam Under the New Canopy

These are our Jump Jam Leaders

Last term our new canopy opened I was so excited, that we were gonna do Jump Jam under it! Jump Jam is when the whole school comes together and we dance on songs.We are all in our house groups, Pukeko, Tui, Ruru and Kea. I was in Pukeko with my teacher Miss Kneller.

Our lovely Jump Jam leaders led us through because our juniors are still learning and some moves are a little tricky for them. After it all ended, I felt exhausted! It was the best day ever.

Next time I really wanna try to remember the moves off by heart so  I don’t have to watch the leaders, also because It was a little crowded and I couldn’t see the leaders clearly.

Hopefully next year I will be a jump jam leader because I love dancing on songs and this year I didn’t participate because I didn’t know what it would be like and how difficult it can be. The last song was one I have never done before and that’s why it was quite tricky. The leaders did such a good job even though they only had one practice and it was their first time being a Jump Jam leaders well, some of them’s first time.

3 thoughts on “Jump Jam Under the New Canopy

1. Talofa Huzaifa, Thank you for adding captions under the photos that was really helpful. Jump Jam is a great way to start the day I have done it in many school and had to help teach the leaders too. What is your favourite song? My family tell me off now as I often hear a song and and start to do the Jump Jam moves. Have you ever done that?
    Tanya Mundy
    Ako Hiko EPL

2. Talofa Whaea Tanya. My favorite song is one that we don’t dance to it is Levitating. What is you favorite song? What type of songs are you interested in? I found it a little funny that when you hear song you start doing jump jam moves I also do that but I don’t really do jump jam moves because I still haven’t memorized them. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. In the schools you have done jump jam do they do the same moves and songs?